Working / Construction Drawings
Although the least exciting for the Client, this stage is crucial.
Well produced Working Drawings are the key to trouble-free construction with the elimination of the on-site problems and errors.
That's why our accuracy and attention to detail is so important and pays high dividends.
All the feedback from our Clients consistently underlines the clarity, accuracy, incredible level of details and ease of understanding of our drawings.
Typically*, WORKING DRAWINGS SET would include the following pages:
- REQUIRED FOR BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATION:
- DRAWING SCHEDULE - Title Page,
- CONSTRUCTION NOTES,
- SITE PLAN or PLANS,
- SUBFLOOR, SLAB AND POSTS LAYOUT - (fully dimensioned layout ONLY**),
- FLOOR PLAN or PLANS - fully dimensioned, detailed and labelled,
- ALL ELEVATIONS,
- BUILDING SECTIONS - minimum two real cross-sections (and as many as neccessary),
- ROOF LAYOUT - with Roof(s) Area Schedule,
- ARCHITECTURAL DETAILS - Verandah, Portico, Fixing, etc.**,
EXAMPLE OF WORKING / CONSTRUCTION DRAWINGS SET
PLEASE NOTE: Content and number of pages may vary depending on the complexity of the Project.
- NOT REQUIRED FOR BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATION:
- KITCHEN VIEW - internal perspective view (included if required),ELECTRICAL LAYOUT(s) "blanks" – reduced "clutter" Floor Plans (without dimensions and most annotations) ready for Client to discuss and mark with Electrical Consultant,
- SCHEDULES - Doors, Windows, Roofs and Areas are included,
- EXTERNAL PERSPECTIVE VIEWS - are included,
- BIRD'S EYE VIEW of your Project (roofs hidden for clarity).
- CALCULATIONS SHEETS - bare Floor Plans and/or Elevations stripped of all dimensions, details and annotations to assist Clients with their own markings and calculations (complimentary upon request)
- ELECTRONIC COPIES OF ESPECIALLY PREPARED DWG DRAWINGS FOR ENGINEERS are included.
*) Content and number of pages may vary depending on the complexity of the Project.
**)A Draft Design is NOT an engineering service. We are not licensed to perform any engineering design and certification and as such we do not calculate any structural requirements, including (but not limited to) bracing, lintels, bearers, beams, joists, rafters, purlins, etc. Instead we provide full set of relevant drawings in DWG and PDF format to your nominated engineer ready for them to make their input and print. We use an electronic transfer or can issue a CD.
Additionally, any of the following documents may be added upon request (additional fees apply):
- KITCHEN LAYOUT - larger scale Kitchen Floor Plan and detailed internal Kitchen Elevations,
- WET AREAS LAYOUTS - larger scale Floor Plans and detailed internal Elevations of Bathrooms, En Suites, WC, Laundry, etc,
- SCHEDULES of the elements other than specified earlier are available and can be produced with as little or as much detail as desired,
- DETAILED ELECTRICAL PLANS - with all the fixtures positioned, marked as specified and scheduled,
- WATTAGE CALCULATION - with all the Living, Utility and Outdoor areas specified and designed to fulfill Local Authority requirements,
- FORMAL SITE ANALYSIS - as required by some Local Authorities,
- FORMAL DESIGN RESPONSE ANALYSIS - as required by some Local Authorities,
- SHADOW STUDY PLANS - as required by some Local Authorities,
- LANDSCAPING PLAN - with required plants positioned, named and scheduled
- STORMWATER PLAN
- SERVICES CONNECTION PLAN
WORKING DRAWINGS phase is dedicated solely for creation of a set of documents for Building Approval Application and consequently for Construction.
By this stage all the ideas should be well formulated and any potential issues solved.
It is still far easier and cheaper to alter anything now than during the real construction, however at this stage, it involves substancial number of affected drawings, details and pages to be changed and re-checked for accuracy.
For this reason, any changes introduced during WORKING DRAWINGS phase will attract a mandatory fee.